Sunday, June 8, 2008

Which place in Korea will you recommend for a good sightseeing place?

Sometiems I think English teachers are international people. Most of them enjoy travelling abroad. I know there are many benefits when we travel abroad. But every trip has their own taste. Personally I don't enjoy long days trip. That's partly because I don't have so strong body to endure the tiredness from the trip. That doesn't mean that I dislike travel. I enjoy one-day trip anywhere. On the surface people's life seems to be the same, but if we see their life meticulouly, we can know they live with their own life styles.
Anyway, I think there are many good places in Korea to visit and appreciate. So, my question is "Would you recommend good sightseeing place in Korea and why?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, Jeju island is one of the best places to visit for sightseeing. Jeju island is my wife's home town and I have been there a few times so far. Last summer, I spent one week in the island and visited many places including the top of mountain Halla. Every place is very beatiful and air is cool and fresh. If you want further information about the island, I'd be happy to let you know.

Nicole said...

Hi Anne,
Like Hee-il, I enjoyed Chedju a lot. I liked the lush forests and the beaches the best. I was there in the winter so the beaches were empty and they seemed so exotic. Another great place to see is Taedunsan (I'm not sure about the spelling). This is a mountain near Daejon. In the fall, it's spectacular.

therese said...

I've been to Jejudo three times. I love to swim late summer when there are not many people on the beach. I vividly remember the beautiful Hamdeok beach. It is a also good place to buy fresh fish cheaply. I bought shrimps in a fish market and ate them as a main meal. When I was young, I also enjoy night culture there.

Another place I recommend is my area. If you visit me in summer, you can enjoy fountain show with ochestra music in Lake Park at night.

Anthony said...

Hi Anne,
I've been to "Hyangilam" near "Yeosoosi" in south Jolla Province three times. On each visit I was impressed with the beatuful scenery. In front of Hyangilam there is a wide ocean. You can enjoy the fresh air and a pleasant outlook over the sea. And you can walk along the trail and fully enjoy the nature.

Olive's Garden said...

Hi! Anne!

The best place I've been to in Korea is Jejudo. I've been to the top of the Halla mountain in winter where snow flakes covered everything in beauteous forms. Fantastic!

But I think my hometown Jeolla province is as beatiful are as Jejudo. Especially, if you want to see mountains and beaches at the same time, please come to Buan area. There, you can enjoy Kyeopo beach, Naesosa temple, Jickso waterfall and Byeonsan national park. Personally, I like fall scenery.